Kim Stoegbauer – Children’s Party Designer and Blogger – Thetomkatstudio.com
- Hide construction paper hearts all over the house for the kids to find. The one who finds the most wins a special V-Day treat like a new book.
- Go around the table on Valentine’s Day and have each person share five reasons they love each member of the family. Or, you can also write down those five things on fancy notes and pass them around at dinner.
Erin Finlayson – Editor at Today’s Parent Magazine – TodaysParent.com
- Get some Valentine’s Day temporary tattoos and get temporarily tatted up for V-Day.
Jeanne Field – Content Specialist at Hallmark – Hallmark.com
- Download and print some Valentine’s Day puzzles to solve. Sudoku, word scrambles, word searches, crosswords and cryptograms are all fun, brain-bending ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day. If you’re feeling especially creative, you can make your own.
Katharine Stahl – Writer – PopSugar.com
- Make homemade heart stamps by taking a toilet paper roll tube and press down on it so you get a heart shape. Dip the end in paint and you have your very own heart stamps!
Jackie Currie – Blogger – HappyHooligans.ca
- Make truly unique Valentine’s Card by using the wax resist painting method.
- Take a white wax crayon and draw a heart (or whatever you want) and a Valentine’s message on a piece of white watercolor paper.
- Take water color paint and paint over what you’ve drawn. (Your paper will be the color of the paint everywhere except where you drew with the crayon.)
- Glue the watercolor paper to some card stock.
- Now you have an instantly unique Valentine’s Day card!
We hope you can find something here to have a happy Valentine’s Day. Share the love! Our favorite activity, of course, is to make Valentine’s creations with Click-A-Brick. See how big you can make the biggest heart or see if you can make a cupid!
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!